Whatever your interest overseas, foreign currency account-i makes every sense.
With the Shariah-compliant Foreign Currency Account-i (FCA-i), you can transfer funds overseas easily and safely with our wide network of branches as well as corresponding banks worldwide. FCA-i is based on the Shariah principle of Mudharabah (profit sharing). This account offers you the convenience of transacting in foreign currencies.
Features & Benefits:
- Initial deposit of
– individual: USD1,000 or its equivalent
– non-individual: any amount
- Available in 19 currencies
- An alternative form of investment/savings in the currency of your choice, particularly for your child's education overseas, travel, etc
- Economical: enjoy reduced costs on fund transfers and losses during currency conversions
- Stable: minimise the risk of currency fluctuations
- Enjoy dividends calculated daily and credited monthly
- Enjoy the convenience of remittance facilities at any of our branches as well as 700 correspondent banks worldwide
- Account holder will be issued with monthly statements
- Discounts on traveller's cheques and telegraphic transfers
- Enjoy free Personal Accident Takaful coverage with the following account balance:
||Death / PD
|RM5,000 – RM20,000
||RM200 per accident /
|RM20,001 – RM50,000
||RM300 per accident /
||RM300 per accident /
- Withdrawal can be made through transfer including telegraphic transfer, bank draft or conversion through normal current account
Who Can Apply:
- Individuals and non-individuals, depending on the type of FCA applied for
Types of FCA-i available:
|Type of FCA-i
||Type of Applicant
||For resident exporters and Approved International Procurement Centre (AIPC).
||- For resident individuals and corporations (with or without domestic borrowings).
- For non-residents individuals and corporations.
|Education and Employment Abroad
||For resident individuals
For Personal/Joint accounts
- Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving licence
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
- Credit card
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
Charges & Fees:
- Service charge for credit/debit transaction (depending on the currency): USD$4 or its equivalent
- No charges, yearly or otherwise at the moment for opening a Foreign Currency Account-i. However, a service charge will be levied for each credit or debit transaction
How to Apply:
- At Maybank / Maybank Islamic Branches
*Terms and conditions apply
- Call us
A question on your mind? Just call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300 88 6688 24/7!
- Locate us
With over 400 branches nationwide, we make it easy to be available for you. Find us here
- FAQ -
What do I need to do to invest in Foreign Currency Account-i?