Golden Years with Golden Returns
Based on Mudharabah (profit-sharing) contract where the customer act as the provider of fund and the Bank acts as the entrepreneur. This specially crafted Savings Account is an excellent platform for senior citizens and retirees, as well as those planning an early retirement, to maximize savings’ yield.
Shariah Contract - the Bank will invest the funds in carefully selected Shariah’s high yielding, compliant investment avenues. The profit from the investment will be shared between the Bank and customers based on the pre-agreed profit sharing ratio.
Initial deposit of only RM1000.
With Golden Savers-i you will enjoy:
- Multi-tiered Dividend Rate where you get paid higher dividends as your account balance grows.
- Dividends will be calculated on a daily basis and credited to your account monthly.
- FREE service charge for Foreign Telegraphic Transfer (FTT) where you will receive free service charge for transactions not exceeding RM5,000.
- Maybank2u.com access to manage and monitor your account with just a click. The most comprehensive online features are available at this powerful portal.
- Enjoy access at 2,800 ATMs nationwide, as well as via PLUS network worldwide for payment and total banking convenience.
- Maybankard Visa Debit - It's as good as cash! A fast and easy way to pay, eliminating the risks and need to carry around cash and cheques. Pay bills, transfer money or make purchases wherever VISA is accepted. No annual fees or compensation fees.
- Great Discounts! The attractive array of merchants' list is available in the Maybankard KardShoppe magazine. Enjoy shopping at your total convenience!
Who can apply
- Individuals 50 years and above
- Joint accounts – a maximum of 4 persons (including external accounts)
For Personal / Joint Accounts
- Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners
- Other documentary evidence required by the authorities according to the purpose of your visit /stay in Malaysia.
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
How to apply
- At Maybank / Maybank Islamic Branches
- Via Maybank2u.com
Fees & charges
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Replacement of lost savings passbook : RM15 including stamp duty
- Replacement of savings passbook due to poor handling : RM10
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
*Terms and conditions apply
- Call us
A question on your mind? Just call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300 88 6688 24/7!
- Locate us
With over 400 branches nationwide, we make it easy to be available for you. Find us here
- FAQ -
What do I need to do to invest in Golden Savers?