Save by Islamic principles!
Basic Savings Account-i and Basic Current Account-i are based on the "Wadiah Yad Dhamanah" principle, which refers to a contract between the owner of funds (account holder) and the Bank for safe keeping purposes.
The account holder as a depositor places his deposits on a trust basis. Maybank, as a trustee, guarantees the repayment of the whole amount of deposits or any part thereof upon request.
BSA-i & BCA-i Features:
|Basic Savings Account (BSA-i)
||Basic Current Account (BCA-i)
|Initial deposit requirement to open a BSA-i is RM20
||Initial deposit requirement to open a BCA-i is RM500
|Earn hibah irrespective of account balance
||No charges on the issuance of cheque book except for stamp duty incurred
|No service or maintenance charge
||Half yearly service charge of RM10 if average 6 months' balance is less than RM1,000.00
|Minimum balance requirement is RM20
||Free monthly statement
|Free mini statement via ATM
||Strictly no Cash Line (Overdraft)
Minimum Number of Monthly Transactions:
Enjoy unlimited ATM withdrawals and OTC transaction at an annual fee of RM8.00 or
- Free 6 OTC (over the counter) visits
- 8 free ATM cash withdrawal transactions. No fee shall be imposed non-cash withdrawal transaction
- 2 interbank-GIRO transactions in a month for which a maximum fee of RM0.50 per transaction, RM2.00 from the 3rd transaction onwards
Who can Apply:
- Malaysians and permanent residents
For Personal/Joint accounts
- Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving license
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
- Credit card
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
How to Apply
- At Maybank / Maybank Islamic Branches
- Via Maybank2u.com
Fees and Charges:
- Service charge: RM10 per half year, waived for accounts with an average balance of RM1,000 within six (6) months
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM Facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
*Terms and conditions apply
- Call us
A question on your mind? Just call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300 88 6688 24/7!
- Locate us
With over 400 branches nationwide, we make it easy to be available for you. Find us here
- FAQ -
What do I need to do to invest in Basic Savings Account-i & Current Account-i?