It’s my account. It’s my freedom…
Malaysia’s first online Savings Account for teenagers based on the concept of Mudharabah (profit sharing) with a whole range of online banking services. From tracking savings balance, enjoying hassle-free prepaid top-ups to paying bills: all it takes is the click of a mouse!
imteen-i also offers free exclusive downloads, plus great cash awards for excellent grades, free takaful coverage, and the best savings dividend in town!
- Multi-tiered dividend rate: earn a one-month GIA-i rate from your savings account, subject to ONE withdrawal per month for six consecutive months i.e. from 1 January to 30 June and from 1 July to 31 December
- Passbookless: check and maintain your account via Maybank2u.com or any Maybank ATM
- Convenient ATM access at over 5,800 MEPS ATMs nationwide and PLUS networks worldwide
- Online access to your account via Maybank2u.com with prepaid reloads, free downloads and much more
- Free Personal Accident Takaful Coverage (PATC) of up to RM70,000, medical benefits up to RM1,000 and funeral benefit of RM1,000
- Cash rewards when you excel in your PMR, SPM, STPM/A-Levels and degree-level exams, with a minimum account balance of RM1,000
- Spending limit of RM500 per day on selected withdrawals via over-the-counter, Maybank2u.com, ATM, EFTPOS, MEPS and Regional Switch
Who Can Apply:
- Aged 12 (with IC) to below 18 years - just get dad or mum to take you down to the nearest Maybank / Maybank Islamic branch and sign up for an imteen account!
- Initial deposit amount of RM50
- Original Identity Card (IC) or birth certificate of teenage applicant
- Parents' / Guardian's IC and other supporting documents to verify parentage or guardianship
How to Apply
- At Maybank / Maybank Islamic Branches
- Via Maybank2u.com
Fees & Charges:
- Stamping fees for Indemnity Letter: RM10
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
Academic Cash Award
The Cash Award for Academic Excellence is given for excellent grades in PMR, SPM, STPM/A-Levels and Degree level. The cash awards are as follows:
||RM100 per accountholder
||RM200 per accountholder
(5As/4As and MUET Grade 6)
|RM300 per accountholder
(1st Class Honors)
|RM500 per accountholder
How to Qualify
To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
Existing account holders
Maintain RM1, 000 in the account during the examination year for PMR, SPM, and STPM/A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
New account holders
Open and maintain RM1, 000 in the account during the examination year for PMR, SPM, and STPM/A-Levels until the date of submission for Cash Award
1st Class Honors Degree
- At the age of 18, the accountholder must maintain RM1, 000 in the account
- Account must be opened before reaching age 18
- Account must be maintained until the date of submission of Cash Award
The submission for Cash Award claims is to be done at the accountholder's home branch within one (1) month from the official results announcement. The Cash Award can only be claimed once irrespective of the number of savings accounts held by the imteen-i accountholder.
An Indemnity Letter is a compulsory document to be signed by the parents or guardian as a condition to open a new imteen account as well as to access Internet banking facilities via Maybank2u.com and Maybankard Bankcard (ATM card). Just visit your nearest Maybank branch and bring along your original documents and parents or guardian for verification purposes.
*Terms and conditions apply
- Call us
A question on your mind? Just call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300 88 6688 24/7!
- Locate us
With over 400 branches nationwide, we make it easy to be available for you. Find us here
- FAQ -
What do I need to do to invest in imteen-i?