net Current Account-i is an internet-based Current Account that offers you the convenience of a checking facility, with a combination of online features and Takaful coverage while paying dividends.
netCurrent Account-i uses the contract of Mudharabah or profit sharing. The contract refers to an agreement made between a capital provider (account holder) and the Bank as the entrepreneur. This arrangement will enable the entrepreneur to invest the capital for Shariah-compliant business projects and profits are shared between the capital provider and the entrepreneur based on a pre-agreed profit sharing ratio. Losses from the investment are borne by the capital provider of the funds unless due to negligence by the entrepreneur.
Features & Benefits:
- Initial deposit of only RM500
- No minimum balance
- No introducer is required
- No passbook
- Cheque book facility
- Maybankard Visa Debit
- Multi-tiered dividend rates - dividends calculated daily and credited monthly
- Free Takaful Personal Accident (PA) coverage and medical benefit with the following account balance
|Death / PD
|RM1,000 - RM10,000
|RM10,001 - RM50,000
||Base on account balance
- Funeral Benefit of RM1,000
- Online access via www.maybank2u.com
- Display information of the current month as well as the previous two (2) months
- Cash line facility
- Mobile Financial Services
Who Can Apply:
- Individual age 18 years and above
- Malaysian Resident
- / Non-Resident with working permit
- Joint account up to maximum of four (4) persons with any one signatory allowed.
For Personal/Joint accounts
- Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners
Please also bring along any of the following secondary supporting documents:-
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving license
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account
- Letter of employment
- Credit card
Please choose a branch located near your home or place of work.
How to Apply
Fees & Charges:
- Waiver of RM10 half yearly charges for accounts with an average balance of RM1,000 within six (6) months
- Replacement of ATM/bankcard: RM12
- Early closure of account within 3 months of account opening: RM20
- Cash withdrawals at ATM facilities owned by other banks (MEPS charges): RM1
*Terms and conditions apply
- Call us
A question on your mind? Just call our Customer Care Hotline at 1-300 88 6688 24/7!
- Locate us
With over 400 branches nationwide, we make it easy to be available for you. Find us here
- FAQ -
What do I need to do to invest in net Current Account-i?